- Relay hijacking: perform 10,000 SMTP transactions against 1,000 relay servers, with 1,000 recipients in each SMTP envelope.
- Some providers limit the number of recipients to 100 per envelope, just to prevent this kind of abuse.
- So, spammers just send 10 messages per server, each containing 100 recipients.
- There's no way to stop spammers using quotas of this kind.
- What's necessary is to only relay mail for "internal" hosts.
- Global roaming agreements make it difficult to know whether a host is "internal" or not.
If you have any problems, contact the Webmaster.
Last Modified 9/20/98