- One (1) spammer wants to reach 10,000,000 recipients on 100,000 mail servers.
- Going direct would take 100,000 SMTP transactions, each with 100 recipients in the SMTP envelope.
- This would take about six days if not parallelized or if a PPP dialup connection were used.
- The longer it takes, the more likely the connection (and the account) will be killed by the provider before it can complete.
- Parallelizing the delivery would require a leased line, which would be cancelled by the provider if used in this fashion.
- What's a spammer to do?
If you have any problems, contact the Webmaster.
Last Modified 9/20/98