Realtime Blackhole Today
- How RBL works:
- As RBL volunteers become aware of sites that either directly or through a relay process produce spam, their IP numbers are flagged.
- Postmasters at the offending IP numbers are notified. If they do not confirm that actions have been taken to stop the spam, the IP number is added to the RBL
- Responsible ISP's check RBL database before accepting e-mail from any external IP number. This currently will block the spammers access to 30-50% of the potential end users on the internet.
- Any postmaster can determine if one of his IP numbers is on the list by accessing http://maps.vix.com/cgi-bin/lookup.
- Any System Administrator can get removed from the RBL by following the directions at: http://maps.vix.com/rbl/getoff.html.
- Approximately 500 IP numbers in RBL (9/98).
- Five staff members.
- Approximately 3000 transactions / second validated through RBL's multiple servers located at strategic locations around the world.
If you have any problems, contact the Webmaster.
Last Modified 9/20/98